The HMI has established an annual Leader’s Award to acknowledge and celebrate the leadership contribution of individuals, work units and interdisciplinary teams in the development of the Irish health services.
The inaugural HMI Leader’s Award will be held this year. Applications are invited from people in both clinical and non-clinical areas who have been involved in initiatives which have delivered change. Examples could include service delivery improvements, quality improvements, the application of new technologies, the roll out of a new patient pathway, response to a crisis or the introduction of lean health methodologies.
How to enter?
- Complete the HMI Leaders Award application form.
- In the case of a team entry, just the name of one person on the application form for contact purposes is required.
- Applications to be signed off for verifications purposes by CEO/Director/Manager.
- July 25, 2014 – Closing date for applications
Week commencing July 28 – Regional adjudication panels commence shortlisting of applications
- Week commencing August 25- Presentation of shortlisted projects at regional events
- Week commencing September 1 – Notification to 4 finalists (one from each region)
- September 10 – Presentation by four finalists to national judging panel
- September 23 2014 – Presentation of award to overall winner at HMI Annual Conference