Date for your Diary: The 7th National Health Summit, Tuesday, January 25, 2011, Croke Park Conference Centre
The HMI is delighted to endorse the 2011 National Health Summit hosted by iQuest.
The Minister for Health, Mary Harney, has conceded that cuts of close to 1billion Euro will have to be made in the Health Budget in 2011, and, in a radical departure for an Irish government, this month sees the publication of a 4-year fiscal correction plan for the country setting out detailed budgetary plans not just for 1 year but for the next 4 years. What will be the impact on health and social care services?
The 7th National Health Summit is the first major healthcare event of 2011 where you’ll hear stakeholders in Ireland’s health service address this question among many other challenges facing healthcare in Ireland.
The summit also explores:
- Technologies enabling High Performance Healthcare.
- How healthcare providers around the world have used IT to deliver high performance healthcare and how the technology of tomorrow will improve healthcare by equipping doctors and patients with the information they need for more effective, personalised care.
Special discount for HMI members!
HMI members can save 125 Euro on the attendance fee by booking and paying by December 20th, 2010. Just visit www.healthsummit.ie for full details of the event and in the Bookings page click on the link for HMI members. Just insert promotional code HMI2011 to get your specially reduced rate of 250 Euro + vat.
A great speaker line-up will ensure this is a “must attend” event for anyone inhealthcare management. Speakers include:
- Mary Harney, TD, Minister for Health & Children
- Sean McGrath, Director of HR, Health Services Executive
- Marco Varkevisser, Assistant Professor of Health Economics at the Institute of Health Policy and Management, Erasmus University, Rotterdam
- Pat Harvey, Independent Chair to the Health Sector Implementation Body (Croke Park Agreement).
- Sara Burke, Health Policy Analyst, Journalist & Broadcaster
- Professor Frances Ruane, Director of the ESRI
- Richard Dooley, President, Health Management Institute
- Gerald Flynn, Align Management Solutions
- Prof. Jane Grimson, Head of Information Services, HIQA
- Dr. John J. Carey, Consultant Physician in Rheumatology and Medicine, Galway University Hospitals
- Louise O’Donnell, National Secretary, Health and Welfare Division, IMPACT
For full details & to book online visit www.healthsummit.ie