Train your staff in safer manual handling
Staff members are often involved in the movement of materials, repetitive tasks and sometimes heavy labour. Manual handling is an important aspect of health and safety in all industries.
Effective manual handling techniques enable your staff to move most loads safely and easily. This new DVD provides a best practice approach to safer manual handling.
- Developed in conjunction with IBEC and the ISCP
- Demonstrates best practice techniques: lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling & more
- Suitable for: factory, office and retail
- Supports in-house expertise in delivering OHS training
- Running time: 15 minutes
Topics covered include:
- Understanding manual handling
- The body and manual handling
- TILE approach for assessing manual handling tasks
- The principles of manual handling
- The techniques for safer manual handling
For more information visit www.trainingdvds.ie
Health Manager Journal and TrainingDVDs.ie are promoting an exclusive readers offer. The normal retail price of Manual Handling training DVD is €175 (plus VAT). However readers can avail of a special readers price of €140.00 (plus VAT) available until 31 December 2010.
To avail of offer:
Coming January 2011: Patient handling training DVD
Healthcare Professionals are often involved in the movement of patients within their daily work. When patient handling is performed correctly, patients can be moved with ease and with reduced risk of injury, to both the patient and the healthcare professional. Developed in conjunction with the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists, this DVD explores patient handling including: lifting, lowering, holding, pushing or pulling of the patient using bodily force of the care provider.