Health managers may be interested in the following events.
- 9th National Health Summit: 13th February 2013, Croke Park.
- Dr. James Reilly, TD, Minister for Health
- Tony O’Brien, Acting CEO, Health Services Executive
- Dr. Ambrose McLoughlin, Secretary General of the Department of Health and Chairman of the Board of the Health Service Executive
- Eilish Hardiman. CEO, Tallaght Hospital, Dublin
- Prof. John Crown, Senator and Consultant Medical Oncologist, St. Vincent’s University HospitalSee http://www.hmi.ie/2013/01/the-9th-national-health-summit for details
- HMI Dublin Mid Leinster Regional Meeting: Managing Current Challenges in a Context of Ongoing Change, 4.45pm, 28th January 2013 Rehabilitation Training Unit, National Rehabilitation Hospital, Dun Laoghaire. Presented by Caroline O’Regan. Book online
- HMI/RCPI co-hosted meeting: Afternoon of the 5th March 2013. Speaker: Mr. Michael Dowling, Board Member, Institute of Healthcare Improvement. Check www.hmi.ie/events for further details.
- Future regional events will be notified by email to members within each specific region and posted on www.hmi.ie/events.
- 24th Congress of European Association of Hospital Managers (EAHM)
28th – 30thNovember 2013
- Cross-Border Healthcare in Europe:
Removing the Barriers to Deliver Clarity and QualityTuesday, February 26, 2013. The Silken Berlaymont Hotel, BrusselsThe EU Directive on Patients’ Rights in Cross-Border Healthcare seeks to eliminate obstacles hindering patients from receiving treatment in another Member State. Rules for receiving cross-border healthcare and reimbursement of these costs are not always clear and, as such, the Directive provides more transparency and also clarifies who is responsible for quality and safety of care in cross-border settings.
This timely international symposium will tackle challenges to the implementation of cross-border healthcare and its impact on patient safety and quality, health professionals’ mobility and European standards for healthcare services.
You can book on line at www.publicpolicyexchange.co.uk or telephone +44 (0) 845 606 1535