The 65th Annual General Meeting of the Health Management Institute of Ireland took place on Thursday, June 23, 2011 in the Education Centre of the Adelaide Meath Incorporating the National Children’s Hospital, Tallaght. Richard Dooley, Area Manager, Waterford/Wexford Health Services and Derek Greene, CEO, National Rehabilitation Hospital, were re-elected for another term as President and Vice-President, with John Mc Elhinney, Clinical Risk Advisor, Sligo General Hospital, elected as the Health Risk Managers Forum Representative (HRMF) and Denis Doherty, Principal, Denis Doherty & Associates, Healthcare Consultants and immediate Past President, HMI was re-elected as an ordinary member.
- John McElhinney
- Denis Doherty
- Gerard O’Callaghan
- Gerry O’Dwyer
- Dymphna Bracken
- Breda Crehan-Roche
- Rosarii Mannion
- Geraldine Regan
- Edward Byrne
- Tom Daly
The treasurer’s and honorary secretary’s reports were tabled and accepted. Highlights of the Institute’s activities over the previous year included ongoing development of the e-journal and social network sites, re-vamped website, expansion of the education and training programmes and establishment of a regional structure with committees geographically reflective of the four HSE regions. Dates of upcoming events and fora will be available on the HMI website.
The Institute continues to be an active member of the European Association of Hospital Managers, with Council members representing the Institute on the Editorial Board, Scientific Sub-Committee and European Affairs Sub- Committee. Gerry O’Dwyer, Council Member and Past President of HMI is the current Vice President of the EAHM.
Planning has commenced for the annual HMI conference to be held on Monday October 3, 2011, with an exciting line up of national and European speakers being drawn up.
The AGM concluded with light refreshments and gave attendees an opportunity to network and catch up with the latest healthcare news.
HMI Council Members for 2011/2012 are:
- Hon. Secretary, Lucy Nugent
Clinical and Patient Services Manager, Children’s University Hospital
Temple Street, Dublin.
- Hon. Treasurer, Gerard O’Callaghan
Chief Executive, South Infirmary Victoria University Hospital, Cork.
- Hon. Director of Education, Gerry O’Dwyer
Regional Director of Operations, HSE, Dublin Mid Leinster.
- Hon. Editor, Health Manager, Ann Marie O’Grady
Head, Clinical Services, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin.
- Dymphna Bracken (Elected 2008), Area Communications Manager, HSE Dublin Mid-Leinster.
- Breda Crehan-Roche (Elected 2008), Chief Executive, Ability West, Salthill, Galway
- Denis Doherty (elected 2011), Principal, Denis Doherty and Associates, Healthcare Consultants
- Rosarii Mannion (Elected 2010), Assistant National Director, HR, HSE, Dublin North East
- John McElhinney (Elected 2011) Clinical Risk Adviser, Cherrymount House, Sligo General Hospital
- Geraldine Regan (Elected 2009), Director of Nursing, Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital, Crumlin, Dublin
- Edward Byrne (co-opted June 2011), Chief Executive Officer, St Vincent’s Hospital, Fairview, Dublin
- Tom Daly (Co-opted September 2010), Corporate Management, HSE, Manorhamilton, Co Leitrim