A total of €1.02bn, has been made available for capital spending on the health services, this year – an increase of 4% on 2021.
This will enable the HSE to progress projects, including Government priority programmes and major capital projects of elective care centres in Dublin, Cork and Galway, as well as investment in primary and community care settings.
Developments being funded this year include:
- The new Children’s Hospital.
- Acute hospital projects, including additional capacity, critical care capacity and maternity services.
- Primary care programme including the building and equipping of centres across the country.
- HIQA Programme for community nursing units, including refurbishment of units throughout the country to HIQA standards.
- Disability including continuation of the decongregation programme, respite and day services facilities.
- Mental health facilities including CAMHS units and acute mental health units across the country.
- Accommodation for Enhanced Community Care.
- Investment in trauma and rehabilitation projects.
- Investment in equipment replacement and infrastructural risk.
- Investment in climate action and sustainability projects.
- Replacement ambulance programme and ambulance bases renovation.