The HSE Capital Plan, announced in September, provides for spending just over €2 billion on health capital projects from 2019 to 2021, according to the Department of Health.
The Department said these include:
- Over €1 billion on Government priorities – the new Children’s Hospital, the National Rehabilitation Hospital, the National Forensic Mental Health facility in Portrane and Radiation Oncology facilities in Cork, Galway and Dublin.
- A total of €265m over the three years to replace/refurbish residences for older people and people with a disability.
- €300m to maintain and upgrade facilities, equipment and ambulances throughout the country.
- Over €335m for a wide range capital projects at individual hospital and primary/community facilities to provide modern health accommodation and equipment to improve and expand service provision.
- Progressing three new hospitals to drive down waiting lists.