Lucy Nugent has been elected President of the Health Management Institute for the next three years. She is the 19th President of the Institute.
She was previously Vice- President of the HMI and its Honorary Secretary for five years prior to that.
Ms. Nugent is Deputy CEO of Tallaght Hospital, Dublin. She previously worked in the HSE Acute Hospitals Division, Children’s University Hospital, Temple Street, Mater Private Hospital and St Vincent’s University Hospital, Dublin.
A native of Dublin, she originally trained as a Registered Children’s Nurse and Registered General Nurse before undertaking a Bachelors in Nursing Science in DCU and taking up a management position in Temple Street followed by a Masters in Health services Management in Trinity College, Dublin. Lucy represents the HMI on the European Association of Hospital Managers (EAHM) Scientific Committee and represents the EAHM on the International Hospitals Federation (IHF) on the global consortium for leadership competencies for healthcare services managers.
The other Council members are:
- Derek Greene Immediate Past President, HMI and Chief Executive, National Rehabilitation Hospital, Dún Laoghaire
- Dymphna Bracken, Area Communications Manager, HSE, Dublin Mid-Leinster
- Tom Daly, Corporate Management, HSE, Manorhamilton
- Denis Doherty, Principal, Denis Doherty & Associates, Healthcare Consultant
- Adrian Ahern, Operations Manager, Ballinderry Nursing Home
- Eamonn Fitzgerald, Chief Executive, Hermitage Medical Clinic
- Sharon Morrow, Chief Executive Officer, LauraLynn Children’s Hospice
- Pauline Treanor, Secretary General Manager, Rotunda Hospital, Dublin.